Well after a much needed rest after last falls marathon blunder in Maine, I opened the 2009 Racing Season with the Hyannis Half Marathon. After a week of poor running due to work (meetings and long nights), sickness both myself and the family, I was wondering how I'd end up doing in the race. In addition, Saturday was spent in Plymouth for Elizabeth's 5th Birthday Party that included a pink pig pinata, musical chairs and lots of good food and company! So now that I've built up all my opportunities for excuses....on top of the weather being iffy....here are the details...
Finished 42nd out of 2044, BUT was probably running around 25th place through 11 miles when the wheels fell off and everyone along with their mother ran by me!
http://www.coolrunning.com/results/09/ma/Feb22_Hyanni_set6.shtml
Watch didn't cooperate...as my running partners know is typical for me...
Mile 1: 643
Mile 2: 627
Mile 3: 629
Mile 4+5: 1236 (6:18s)
Mile 6: 626
Mile 7: 626
Mile 8+9: 1321 (6:40s) (some climbing)
Mile 10: 637 (downill)
I hit mile 11: @ 1:11
Mile 12+13: 1516 (7:38s....OUCH!)
Finish Time of 1:26:46 for 6:37s
Some good stuff to come of the run today...
-I ran fast enough to be able to grab a bagel with grape jam...boogie over to the car...just in time for the rain to start (driving back to the house I felt bad for the runners I saw at mile 8...those with white bibs (1/2) and those with blue bibs (full marathon)....they still had a long way to go...carnage was just around the corner for sure!
-Ran consistent through 3/4s of the race...lots of effortless effort.
-Did all the above with 12 being my max run (duhhh no wonder the wheels fell off) and just shy of 2 months of being back focused.
Some not so good stuff to come of the run today...
-Poor goodies...one bottle of Owater (which is pretty good)...and a bagel...gee...would you care for some minestrone soup after hammering 13.1 miles? Or how about a donut from dunkin donuts? Where are the clif bars and yogurts?
-Purple (like Barney) Cotton (like sand paper) Long Sleeve Shirt! enough said!
Open Questions......
-The Ras is now just under 3 weeks away and I need speed.....but Monday & Tuesday I'm in meeting jail both days so no runs for me. So...that means track or something on the roads where I can start to get some "get down and go" speed. Where else am I going to get it in such a short period of time?!?!
-The above bullet isn't really a question...but rather...mmmm wonder where my speed is and what it will take to get it back for a 5K. Above indicates I can run easy for at least 3 miles @ 6:20s....so it shouldn't take much to get 3.1 under 6's....just how far and how painful will it be?
OK...so I've rambled enough....and I didn't even include my 2 mile warm up...for 15 for the day and giving me....drum roll...31 for the week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment