http://www.coolrunning.com/results/09/ma/Nov22_29thAn_set1.shtml
OK…so by now you’ve seen the results…a dismal 29:45…..
The Good:
1. I was able to race and not have to stay home and take care of the ill (Jodi and Felix have had H1N1 for the last week…..Elizabeth and I have seemed to have escaped it).
2. I coasted through the 1st mile @ 5:38/40 (was concerned it was too easy and I’d see 6:XX)…still felt good through most of the rest of the race…
3. Great Company and James had a great run @ 34:02 – MAJOR PR…Kudos!
4. Longest Race I’ve done so far in the last couple of years with an avg under 6 (OK....OK I know that sounds lame but I have to start somewhere)
5. I could easily be on the Fitchburg State College XC team as I beat A LOT of them….
The Bad:
1. Crappy Time….but I only ran 2 days this past week…Monday and Friday…and then on Sunday
2. The Top Female went through the mile @ 5:04…see note #2 under “Good”
3. Leading up the last BIG hill I had no one directly behind me so I started to shut down a bit…and then I made the turn down the long straight away…still no one there…and with 100 meters to go a guy flew by me….’DAMN”…and then w/ 50 to go…the same thing and the crowd was going crazy…..that was NOT COOL!
The Really Bad:
1. A guy wearing chino shorts and a cotton UNH Track and Field shirt was in the pack I was chasing toward the end that I let get away……REALLY NOT COOL!
OK……..so here it is…ran well and strong through most of the race and was chasing guys through most the race..honestly…no one passed me until the very end unless you count Kevin McCuster who finished 29:30 who was with me for most of the race and then @ 3.25 pulled away…I started to reel him in but no luck…he and the pack I was chasing pulled away. In the end…after a tough week with little running, illness floating around I should be glad with the time. My legs feel fine…cool down was good…no achey now (we’ll see in the morning though).
As for next year…will certainly consider it…good course (I did in fact like it)....but only if James is going to be there again…no other reason to go except if you know someone there to hang with after the race.
You’ll also be glad I did not find my car on “blocks” and all my windows were fully intact when I returned to it to leave….
Next up…Stow Turkey Trot on Thursday @ 8:00 AM…little 5K….hope I can cruise through with as little effort as possible….last years results are scarey fast though!

No comments:
Post a Comment