In the 50's....so I figured if I'm going to hit 45 this week...no better time than the present to run some extra miles. Would have been better if a) the pace was more relaxed and b) if Drew was alittle more enthusiastic when I said hey, I'm going 11 and pushing out past this turn here.
Downside of running during a big thaw....PUDDLES! The Central St section was long...and was made interesting by playing chicken with an on-coming biker...and dump truck....luckily for the biker there was some space on the snow bank for me. Then...later on Central...I had the great luck of getting an early shower from a dump truck hitting a puddle...soaked me!
Great run though...loved Fisher along the Charles...just too short and then it makes for a long run back on Central. Started to drop Drew along Central....I tried to slow down and keep pace but it was just too painful. Really dropped him at the big hill....finished a couple of minutes ahead of him which is never my intention. And he still wants to run sub 3:00 in (2) months?
11 miles (just shy but close enough)...1:14.21 for 6:44 pace...and that included slowing down for Drew from my 7 to 9 .
South Rd to Fletcher and then back Central
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment