http://www.coolrunning.com/results/09/ma/Nov26_StowGo_set1.shtml
OK...after the run the day before and my less than stellar performance on Sunday I wasn't sure what to expect. Out of the gates I saw John Raguin...there's 1 place gone...and then most of the Nashoba team was there as well
Warm Up - Jogged out and back the 1st mile...nice layout for the 1st mile but still not feeling great...
Gun goes off and I start out smooth just like Slatterys...I go through the 1st mile @ 5:45ish....at which point I am still moving up and feeling strong...I can see the leaders and over the next mile I actually cut down on the gap and feel like if I threw in a strong surge I could catch them. I actually ran a 5:40 next mile to go through @ 11:25. Unfortunately the two high school kids that were right in front of my that I was gaining on were playing around and took off...one of them actually won the race.
the last mile I mentally lost it because we had to run around the Bose Office building and through there parking lot so I lost focus and the guy in front pulled away. overall...i was pleased with almost even mile times and felt solid and strong.
Did the cool down with John for a 7+ day...good conversations and a good end of the race season....next up...Boston Primer...16 miles...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment